Saturday, May 26, 2012

Vintage Linens Quilt Top


Just wanted to share a little project that I have been working on.  I have been collecting vintage bed linens for some time now and many have a hole or rip here or there so I decided to cut some up and create a quilt.
The little block with the birds and the word "HERS" has been my favorite pillow case for some time now but it had a worn spot that ripped but happy to use it on this quilt.


For the pillow cases with the lace trim I had to sew on some extra fabric under the lace and then cut out my block.


I was so excited when I found the vintage sheet with the sweet little ballerina's on it.



Cant' wait to get this one finished.  Just need to quilt it now.  I have enought of one of the sheets that I used for the blocks to use for the backing.

I think it's a fun quilt!

Happy Sewin'-

DeAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment