Friday, July 20, 2012

Quilt Card

Went into the quilt shop today.....well almost everyday.....I really love it there.....and she was quilting my quilt!  So exciting.  Can't wait to get it all finished. 

Anyway, it inspired me to make a quilt card using similar colors. 

So, below is what I did to make a paper pieced "quilt".

To make the paper quilt you need the 1" square punch.   My quilt is going to be 4"x4".
I punched out 10 Very Vanilla squares, 2 red, and 4 blue.  Set 4 Very Vanilla squares aside and cut all the rest of the squares in half diagonally.
 To assemble the card I cut a 4"x4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock and started in the upper left hand corner applying the pieces as I had layed them out to form the star (didn't take a photo of that but see the picture below on how it will look). 
After all the pieces are adhered in place run it through the Big Shot with the Finial Press embossing folder which I just now realized, after looking it up in the catalog because I couldn't think of the name, is no longer available in the new catalog but there are other folders that would work for the quilted look.

The patterened papers used on this card are from Festival of Prints designer series paper pack in the Holiday Catalog and will be available on August 1.

Also used Cherry Cobbler card stock and ink, Bashful Blue card stock and the stamp set Friendly Phrases.

Happy Stampin'-

DeAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment