Friday, August 17, 2012

Canning Jar with Flowers

My plan for this card was to create the look of one of those old blue canning jars . 
I have a couple and just love them, especially when filled with fresh flowers.
So this is my attempt at that look.
For the canning jar (from the Perfectly Preserved stamp set) I stamped the image in VersaMark on Watercolor paper and embossed with White embossing powder.  Next I used an Aqua Painter and Baja Breeze ink to watercolor the jar.
Cut out with the Cannery Set framelits.  I punched a hole on each side of the jar so I could wrap the Linen Thread around it which I could have done without holes if I hadn't already glued it down to the piece of Whisper White card stock.  It was an afterthought, thus the holes were needed.
The background is Marina Mist card stock embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder.
I then lightly rubbed the Whisper White Craft pad over to highlight the embossed area.
Love how that turned out.


The flowers and leaves are from the Stippled Blossoms stamp set and the stems are from the Perfectly Preserved stamp set.

Other supplies used:
Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, and Old Olive classic ink
Itty Bitty Banners stamp set
Bitty Banners framelits
3/16" Corner punch
1/16" Circle Handheld punch

Happy Stampin'-

DeAnn




No comments:

Post a Comment