Thursday, August 9, 2012

Friendship Preserves

The stamp set Friendship Preserves is in the new Holiday Catalog.
There are matching framlits called the Window Frame Collection and also a matching paper-piercing pack called Festive.

 For this card I embossed Crumb Cake card stock with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.
It doesn't show up too well in this photo but I used the Color Spritzer Tool and Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker to add some soft splatters of color on the background.
I colored in the "Thanks" stamp with Stampin' Write markers (Soft Suede, Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Elegant Eggplant) and stamped on Very Vanilla card stock.
The striped paper is from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Pack.


I copied the idea for this card from Stampin' Up!'s demonstator magazine.
This card is done in Old Olive and Soft Suede.
The tricky part was getting the background where you see the top and bottom of the stamp peeking out from behind the Old Olive piece of paper.
It isn't lined up perfect but I like the look.  Maybe I should have pulled out my Stamp-a-ma-jig.  It's a great tool to have but you gotta get it out and use it!  I ususally think about that after.


Happy Stampin' -

DeAnn




No comments:

Post a Comment