Sunday, December 16, 2012

Merry Christmas Y' All

 
I just made a couple of these pillows this last week and was so excited to see this alphabet die on the Clearance Rack so I thought I would share it with you now that you can still purchase this die set.
It is called Serif Essentials Bigz Alphabet Die Set  and was listed in the catalog last year for $149.95 and is on clearnce for 59.99!
 
I ironed on a fabric adhesive to red wool felt and then cut out all the letters using the Big Shot and alphabet dies.  I then layed them out on my fabric where I wanted them and ironed them on.
The real work came in as I sewed a small zig-zag stitch around each letter.
 
 
Wish I had taken pictures as I made this but wasn't going to share as the die was not in the current catalog. 
The pillow form I used was 16" square.  I cut my fabric in a 20" square.
After appliquing all the letters on I put right sides together (front and back) and sewed 1/4"around the outer edge leaving an opening for turning.  I marked a border around the center 16" (about 1-3/4" from the outside edge) and sewed around leaving an opening at the same spot as for turning.  Inserted pillow form,  hand stictched closed the opening on the edge, machine stitched closed the inner border area and then topstiched around the outer edge 1/4" from the edge.
Hope that makes some sort of sense. 
 
I love that I can use my Big Shot to cut out fabric!
Behind the pillow you can see a quilt I made with yo-yo's that I cut out all the circles for with the Big Shot.  You can see that post HERE .
 
 
Thanks for lookin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment