Monday, February 11, 2013

More Amore Valentine Sachet

 
As someone who likes to sew I have been so please with Stampin' Up!'s fabric line.
 
I love this fabric from the More Amore designer fabric!
I wish I could just buy yards of this print with the words on it.
 
Have been just looking at the fabric and figured I better do something with it before Valentine's Day.
 

I just folded over two layers of fabric together and cut out a heart shape.  Not perfect but I'm good with that for this project.
 
Put right sides together and sew with a 1/4" seam allowance leaving an opening on one side.  Turn right side out and stuff.  I used poly-fill and some lavender that I had.  Then hand stitch opening closed and decorate.
 

 
I first glued a piece of Vanilla Flower Trim from top to bottom off to one side.


Then I made a bow with Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon (dampened, scrunched and dried for that vintage feel) and tied it with a couple pieces of Linen Thread.   I then attached 3 Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons on the thread, one at the center of the bow and 2 on the threads hanging down.
 
To hang the sachet I attached a length of jute to the tops of the back of the heart.
If I had thought about it I would have done this at the beginning and sewn it in the seam.
 



 
Happy Sewin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 


2 comments:

  1. You have such a great eye for details! I love this project! I may have to copy down the line sometime!

    ReplyDelete