Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Masking Tape Technique Poinsettia

 
Have you tried the masking tape technique? 
I haven't done much but really love how this poinsettia from the Joyful Christmas stamp set turned out with this technique.
 
 
 
I actually used painter's tape along with Cherry Cobbler and Blushing Bride classic ink.
I cut a piece of tape a little longer than the width of the flower and inked it up sticky side on the ink pad then pressed it down on Very Vanilla card stock, pulled up and repeated, then switched colors for the two-toned look.  I did the Blushing Bride first then the Cherry Cobbler.
For the leaves I only did this with Old Olive ink.
After getting the ink on the paper I stamped the image with Black StazOn and then cut out.
I sponged all over the flower and leaves with Crumb Cake ink. 
Put some Pearl Basic Jewels in the center to finish it off.
 
 
Other supplies used:
 
More Merry Messages stamp set
Chalk Talk framelits dies
Cherry Cobbler 1" stitched edge grosgrain ribbon
Season of Style designer series paper
Modern Medley dsp
Crumb Cake card stock
 
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment