Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Falling Leaves

Okay, the leaves aren't falling yet but they will be before we know it.
I can't believe Summer is almost over but I always prefer Fall.
 
I have used the leaf stamp and die from the Thoughtful Branches a lot.
Have a mentioned how much I love this set?
 
For this card I stamped the leaves on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock in Cajun Craze, Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry and Always Artichoke.
On a scrap of the same paper I stamped 3 extra leaves and cut out with coordinating die.
On a piece of Vellum Cardstock I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and used the new Copper Stampin' Emboss powder and then heat set it.
I added some adhesive to the vellum behind where I planned to attach the ribbon so it goes unseen.
Used the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon and a little Copper Metallic Thread and then attached the cut out leaves with Glue dots.


This second card is inspired by one I saw online and copied.
I used watercolor paper and applied Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Garden Green ink with an Aqua Painter and let dry.  Oh, and before watercoloring I masked off 3 sides with painter tape.
After it was dry I removed the tape.
Meanwhile I also water colored a piece of Very Vanilla card stock the same as the watercolor paper.
I then stamped the leaf image with VersaMark ink and used Clear Embossing powder.
After heat setting the leaves I sponged on some Soft Suede ink to make the veins of the leaf pop out and then cut with the coordinating die.
I attached the leaves with glue dots in the same color areas on the watercolor paper.
The greeting is stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla paper and then I added a piece of burlap ribbon and sewed together onto the card.
Added some gold sequins and some splatter of Pumpkin Pie ink.
 
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment