Friday, September 30, 2016

Fall Sheltering Tree

Fall is here in full force with all it's beautiful colors and so I pulled out the lovely Sheltering Tree stamp set and combined it with the pumpkin from the Jar of Haunts stamp set to create this thank you card.
 
 
For the tree I stamped the trunk in Soft Suede and the large dotted stamp (leaves) in Delightful Dijon and then took the smaller dotted (leaves) stamp and added Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze leaves.
I stamped the tree image on a larger piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut it to a square using the largest square die in the Layering Squares framelits set.
The background is Cajun Craze cardstock embossed with the Petal Burst embossing folder.

 
For the pumpkin I stamped it in Cajun Craze and then using an Aqua Painter and ink refills of Delightful Dijon and Pumpkin pie I colored the pumpkin.  The leaf is Always Artichoke and the stem Soft Suede.
 I used the Banners for You and Bunch of Banners framlits for the sentiment.
I also added a bit of Gold Metallic Thread behind the banner.
 
 
To finish it off I added a sprinkle of Gold Wink of Stella and also some speckles of Cajun Craze and Delightful Dijon using the Stampin' Write Markers in those colors.
 
Tip of what not to do:
 I felt the need to speed up the drying of larger drops of Gold Wink of Stella and used the heat tool which messed up the Gold Metallic Thread that I had so nicely looped above the banner, the bottom ones didn't get the heat and still look good.  Should have just been patient or maybe added more heat to see what would happen further to the thread.
 
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
 
 
DeAnn
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment